Doyou have strong leadership skills and a desire to to help others obtain and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Pursuing a Healthcare MBA Degree through an accredited school can give you many advantages as a healthcare professional. These advantages include the acquisition of skills and experiences in:
- the health sciences
- health laws and policies
It can give you entry into a career field that is expected to grow up to 16% over the next several years. There is an abundant variety of of job opportunities in:
- medical facilities
- specialty clinics
- schools everywhere
You have earning potentials of up to $120,000 or more per year.
Most often, you must earn both a Bachelor’s Degree and a Healthcare MBA Degree to take advantage of this field’s benefits. Ultimately, however, it is through the advanced Healthcare MBA Degree that you will be provided with the most desirable career opportunities as:
- Healthcare Administrators
- Pharmaceutical Directors
- Private Practice Managers
- Hospital Operations Directors
What Are The Healthcare MBA Requirements?
There are specific Healthcare MBA Requirements that must be achieved before you can become eligible for entry into Healthcare MBA Degree programs. These requirements are listed and described below.
1. Prerequisite Degree Requirements for a Healthcare MBA Degree: As stated above, you must usually possess two degrees to obtain the most desirable attributes that the field of healthcare management has to offer. The first is the Bachelor’s Degree. It’s preferred for students to earn this degree through a business, economics, or health major. The Bachelor’s Degree is also a necessary requirement to be accepted into a Healthcare MBA Degree program. Some outstanding schools, such as Vanderbilt University’s Owen Graduate School of Business, offer joint BS/MBA Healthcare Degree programs. They can often be completed in as few as 5 years. These dual degree programs provide the opportunity to earn both a Bachelor’s of Science in Healthcare Degree and a Master’s of Business Administration in Healthcare Degree in one complete program.
2. Prerequisite GPA Requirements for Healthcare MBA Degree Programs: Aside from a Bachelor’s Degree, you must also have a GPA of at least 3.0 before being accepted into accredited Healthcare MBA Degree programs. For many schools, such as the University of California’s Paul Merage School of Business, this is one of their most essential prerequisite Healthcare MBA requirements.
3. Prerequisite Testing Requirements for Healthcare MBA Degree Programs: In addition to a Bachelor’s Degree and a high GPA, many schools require applicants to pass certain tests before being accepted into their Healthcare MBA Degree programs. For international students, a Test of English as a Foreign Language may be required. Another testing prerequisite is the Graduate Management Admission Test, which is almost always required for applicants to take before being accepted by Healthcare MBA schools. George Washington University, for example, has both a Test of English as a Foreign Language and a Graduate Management Admission Test as prerequisite requirements for its Healthcare MBA Degree program.
4. Additional Prerequisite Requirements for Healthcare MBA Degree Programs: Often, schools will require students to have at least 3 to 5 years of work experience in a health profession before being accepted into their Healthcare MBA Degree programs. Essays and resumes are also common prerequisites for many schools’ Healthcare MBA Degree programs. Each of the Healthcare MBA schools listed above has these additional Healthcare MBA requirements.