Fort Hays State University is also featured in our ranking all slots casino bonus codes 2016
Master of Business Administration in Healthcare Management from Fort Hays State University
Fort Hays State University offers an online Master of Business Administration with a concentration in Healthcare Management. The program is intended for working professionals seeking to advance in their careers. The program is rigorous and it blends traditional classroom learning with modern technology. The online learning platform features discussion boards and video streaming. Some instructors use various media to enhance the learning experience, such as YouTube, GoogleDocs, Blackboard, WebX, and Skype. The program requires the completion of a total of 34 credit hours including core and concentration courses. Students who have not completed an undergraduate business degree must also complete 12 hours of foundation courses. The MBA core courses include graduate success lab, marketing management, advanced managerial accounting, managerial economics, information systems for management, business research and quantitative methods, strategic management, advanced corporate finance, and organizational behavior in a global context. The foundation courses for those without previous business degree include: survey of economics for MBAs, management and marketing concepts for MBAs, financial and quantitative methods for MBAs, and accounting theories and practice for MBAs. The healthcare management concentration combines comprehensive business curriculum with courses that expand understanding and skills to manage various aspects of population-focused healthcare. Students are able to choose from various elective courses in the concentration to meet their interests and career goals. The courses include administration management in health care organizations, complexity in healthcare organizations, global health, administration in health care, legal issues in health care, and health promotion programming. After completion of the program, students possess abilities in the functional aspects of business and apply principles to achieve organizational objectives in an international environment.
About Fort Hays State University
Fort Hays State University, FHSU, was founded in 1902 at Western Branch of the Kansas Normal School. It was located at the infirmary at Fort Hays, an abandoned former army post and it started out with 57 students. The college moved in 1904 to its present location in Hays, Kansas. It became Fort Hays Kansas State Normal School in 1914, Kansas State Teachers College of Hays in 1923, Fort Hays Kansas State College in 1931, and finally Fort Hays State University in 1977. Today, Fort Hays University sits on a 200-acre campus in Hays, Kansas. It is a public, regional comprehensive institution with more than 15,000 students. Students complete their education on-campus and through the Virtual College. The university uses a semester-based academic calendar.
Fort Hays State University strives to be a forward-thinking institution with instructors who act as mentors to help students develop unique abilities. It prides itself on more than 95 percent of graduates finding a job after completion of their program. The student to faculty ratio is 16 to one, with about 47 percent of classes with less than 20 students.
Fort Hays State University is home to 31 academic departments that offer degrees at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels along with undergraduate and graduate certificate programs. The schools of education include Werth College of Science, Technology and Mathematics, College of Health and Behavioral Sciences, College of Education, Robbins College of Business and Entrepreneurship, and College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences. The most popular majors include business, management, marketing, education, liberal arts and sciences, general studies, humanities, health professions, and computer and information sciences.
Fort Hays State University Accreditation Details
The Higher Learning Commission accredits Fort Hays State University to grant bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees as well as undergraduate and graduate certificates.
Fort Hays State University Application Requirements
Fort Hays State University features a high acceptance rate, with about 86 percent of applicants gaining acceptance per year.
• Complete and submit the Application for Admission
• Submit official high school transcript
• Submit official transcripts from any previously attended institutions of higher learning
• Submit official SAT or ACT scores
• Pay the $30 nonrefundable application fee
• Complete and submit the Application to Graduate Admissions
• Submit official transcripts from previously attended institutions of higher learning
• Pay the $40 nonrefundable application fee
• Submit official scores the GRE, GMAT, or other graduate level examinations
• Provide entrance examination scores for specific departments
• Submit letters of recommendation
• Submit additional requirements for specific programs
Tuition and Financial Aid
• Resident full-time students: $5,008.50 per year
• Contiguous State/MSEP full-time students: $6,958.50 per year
• Non-resident full-time students: $14,831.70 per year
• Resident part-time students: $166.95 per credit hour
• Contiguous State/MSEP part-time students: $231.95 per credit hour
• Non-resident part-time students: $494.39 per credit hour
• Resident students: $231.25 per credit hour
• Contiguous State and MSEP students: $328.40 per credit hour
• Non-resident students: $590.33 per credit hour
• Undergraduate: $213.33 per credit hour
• Graduate: $280.73 per credit hour
• Graduate MBA and DNP: $400 per credit hour
Fort Hays State University features various financial aid programs, such as scholarships, grants, loans, and work-study. About 67 percent of students receive some type of financial assistance.
• Fort Hays State University Scholarships
• Presidential Award of Distinction
• University Scholar Award
• Hays City Scholar Award
• Traditions Scholar Award
• Academic Opportunity Award
• PTK-All-Academic Team Member
• Transfer Student Award
• Athletic Scholarships
• Kansas State Scholarship
• Kansas Ethnic Minority Scholarship
• Kansas Teacher Scholarship
• Kansas Nursing Scholarship
• Federal Pell Grant
• Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG)
• Federal TEACH Grant
• Kansas Comprehensive Grant
• Federal Subsidized Direct Loan
• Federal Unsubsidized Direct Loan
• Federal PLUS Loan
• Federal Graduate PLUS Loan
• Federal Perkins Loan
The Federal Work-Study program is a type of federal financial aid that encourages part-time employment for both undergraduate and graduate students to help pay for college-related expenses. Students can work both on and off campus up to 20 hours a week. The pay is at least the current minimum wage but varies by employer, position, and student qualifications.
The Kansas Career Workstudy program is funded by the state of Kansas and it facilitates partnerships between Fort Hays State University and off-campus employers to provide career-related jobs to students who are residents of Kansas.
Fort Hays State University also offers a Departmental Job Program that is not a financial aid program and open to all students regardless of financial aid status.
Graduates of the master’s degree in healthcare administration have a sound understanding of the healthcare field and its business aspects. The Master of Business Administration in Healthcare Management from Fort Hays State University prepares graduates for an array of management and leadership careers in an array of settings, both in the healthcare and business fields.